MAD Suggests: Must watch Lebanese movies


If you’re a movie buff, you’re surely familiar with Arab cinema; afterall, Egypt is known for its long history of cinema especially during the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s which were the years known as the Golden Years. Egypt is not the only Arab country with a long history in cinema, but it is the leader; […]

MAD Suggests: Songs to listen to on your next roadtrip!


While we have gotten comfortable and cozy in our city-life routine, it’s always nice to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life and go somewhere for some peace and quiet. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway in the suburbs or you’re just driving around after midnight to clear your mind, we’ve compiled the ultimate […]

A Guide To The Art Scene in Beirut

Growing up in Lebanon, especially in Beirut, has given me the advantage of discovering almost all of its nooks and crannies. Beirut is a city rich with heritage, with culture and with history and in its undoubtable beauty lies so many hidden gems and secrets of the past. How does one discover what Beirut has […]

A MADly ACC Event : Congrats to Sarah Saroufim

With spring season finally here, creative talents have blossomed in Beirut ! In a race to find the next creative voice, Absolut in Lebanon has chosen its winning artist to enter the next stage of the Absolut Creative Competition. Sarah Saroufim has been revealed with her artwork “Don’t keep things bottled up” at the Absolut […]

Life Is A Play! Discover More About Theatre With The MAD Joseph Zaitouny

It’s always a source of inspiration hearing about artists pursuing their goals, passions and dreams; this is what makes Joseph Zaitouny a source of inspiration! How do you define yourself? I am an actor. I care about finding connections with others and exploring the human condition through art. How did you get into acting? Has […]

Get To Know The MAD Gang: Tarek

Tarek Sina Rahme, I am a hard working, fun, humble, smart , outgoing, gamer legend. Tarek likes to drink a Nespresso, because its more manly 🙂 If I were a song, I would be:  Fear of the dark – Iron Maiden If I were an artist, I would be: Lemmy If I were a book, I […]

How MAD is our Talent Hunt Nuit Bleue ?

Ca y est, vous l’attendiez avec impatience: les inscriptions pour notre nouvelle Talent Hunt Nuit Bleue sont ouvertes sur http://talenthunt.howmadareyou.com ! Notre but ? Découvrir les nouvelles pépites et les accompagner dans leur évolution en tant qu’artistes. Faites partie de l’expérience inédite Nuit Bleue : Pour la rentrée, nous créons un événement inédit, Nuit Bleue, […]

How MAD is Minimalist?

During Beirut Design Week, Roula will launch her new brand Minimalist with a new collection called “Soar” at Oddish Concept Store: Beirut Port District on Friday 29th. Who is Minimalist? “Minimalist brings in an innovative jewelry designer brand that combines rough architectural contemporary flair with sensibility inspired from both nature and colorful cultures; it has […]

How MAD is 1% Architecture?

“1% is an architecture firm, named 1% as a glance to a culture of anti-conformism. The workshop aims to be different and off the mark from the remaining 99%.” Why 1% Architecture? “Why 1%? Because we refuse the culture of standardization, the relentless quest of the #instagrammable, in a digitized and impersonal world. Because we […]

In a MAD mood for The Beirut Design Week

Beirut, the design capital of the Middle East welcomes for the seventh consecutive edition the Beirut Design Week. Initiated in 2012, it’s the largest and most influential design festival of the Middle East and North Africa. Taking place in various parts of the capital, it attracts over 25 000 visitors each year and make Beirut […]