How MAD is 1% Architecture?

22 Jun 2018

#LivewithMAD Artist Band Digital Evenement Event MAD MAD gang MAD Talent Musicians & Designer Talent Talent hunt Team

“1% is an architecture firm, named 1% as a glance to a culture of anti-conformism. The workshop aims to be different and off the mark from the remaining 99%.”

Why 1% Architecture?
“Why 1%? Because we refuse the culture of standardization, the relentless quest of the #instagrammable, in a digitized and impersonal world. Because we believe that each building, space, and object is unique. Because we value hand craftsmanship and seek to combine expert and artisanal competence, to design buildings, spaces, and objects with a purpose, a soul, and a strong identity. Because we believe this is the way forward to provide solutions for the architecture that will become tomorrow’s heritage.”

What is the spirit behind 1% Architecture?
“At 1% Architecture, we have a passion for detail and human-scale objects. After several years of designing homes and furniture for our clients, we have come to develop our own DNA. We decided to launch our own homegrown collection of multipurpose furniture. The idea was to create and produce design furniture, using only high quality raw materials, but keeping prices affordable.”

How will you participate to the Beirut Design Week?
“This year we are taking part in Beirut Design Week where we will be organizing an “open house” in our workshop in Mar Mikhael from June 25 to 28 as well as a closing reception on June 28 starting 5PM. People are invited to visit the 1% showroom to check out the full collection, meet the team, chat and have a drink. We will also be displaying special items in collaboration with several artists and artisans.”

More like this

Seehund du graff, photograhie et peinture, donner une voix à sa créativité

Spotlight on our MAD man, Bruno !

Get To Know The MAD Gang: Lalik