For almost 2 years now, Lebanon has been going through the most severe economic and financial crises in its history, followed by the impact of the global pandemic and lastly the August 4th explosion at the Port of Beirut. The artistic and cultural scene have been strongly impacted and it is now more than ever important to continue to support artists, creatives and craftsmen in their digital transition and promotion.
By launching our How MAD is Beirut fundraising campaign, we’re helping Lebanese youth and seniors generate revenues from abroad.
We are fundraising for 37 000$ to
- Fundraise for Beirut relief by training artists and designers to structure and develop their brand and / or activity through MAD It Up, our online workshop or simply sell their products online, through our Live from your Art sessions
- Promote Lebanon beyond the recent tragic events
- Reduce brain drain of Lebanese talents through remote work
- Help Lebanese creatives live from their art online with basic digital knowledge
1rst Milestone : November 2020 with USAID and IM Capital
Thanks to our partnership with the USAID-funded IM Capital on its relief initiative, we have trained 27 Lebanese artists and designers to structure their project and develop it in France and promoted 35 Lebanese creatives and local brands affected by the Beirut blast of August 2020.
2nd Milestone : September 2021 with USAID’s Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) project
MAD will support 200 Lebanese designers, artists and creative brands in boosting exports to France and allow them to live from their art.
Following our September 2021 call for applications, we have selected 200 beneficiaries who will have access to digital tools including a free annual subscription to the MAD platform to sell their creations and a series of online workshops to help them in their digital transition and link them to French partners and networks.
Discover them here and give us a shout if you want to join our initiative #HowMADisBeirut as a partner, volunteer or a supporter.
From those 200 beneficiaries, MAD will select the 20 best performing artists and designers who will be promoted in MAD’s French content, both digitally and physically. In addition, 5 Lebanese creatives will be selected to develop a limited collection and collaboration with MAD which will be specifically addressing the French market.
Available Perks & Products
Job Creation & Social Impact
• Reduce brain drain & allow Lebanese artists to live from their art from the comfort of their home without digital knowledge.
• Help senior isolated craftsmen live from their art online without digital knowledge
• Maintain Jobs of Lebanese artists, craftsmen & designers
• 200 Lebanese musicians, artists & designers promoted in Europe per year
If you’re a Lebanese creative, artist, designer or company looking to expand in France, submit your application on MAD starting today to be part of the 200 beneficiaries of #HowMADisBeirut.